IN THIS SECTION
Geological Sciences – Atmospheric Science Track
Notice: The information on this page is for informational purposes only, and does not necessarily reflect official degree requirements, which can change. Students should refer to the degree requirements for their matriculation term in the official College of Arts and Sciences Bulletin, and consult with the academic advisor.
We also offer an Atmospheric Science B.S. and B.A. track within Geological Sciences.
Geological Sciences BS Degree - Atmospheric Science Track
A minimum of 30 hours in Geological Sciences, including
- One formal 100-level course in the Geological Sciences (appropriate courses include; GEOL-G 122 or GEOL- G 131)
- GEOL- G225, GEOL- G221 or GEOL- G222 plus one additional formal non-atmospheric science course in Geological Sciences above the 100-level.
- GEOL-G 340 plus at least 15 additional credit hours in atmospheric science courses (including at least 6 credit hours at the 400-level, appropriate courses include; GEOL-G339, GEOL-G347, GEOL-G 364, GEOL-G 434, GEOL-G 437, GEOL-G 438, GEOL-G 456, GEOL-G 466, GEOL-G 470, GEOL-G 474, GEOL-G 476)
- Mathematics M211 and M212
- Physics P221 and P222
- Chemistry C117/127 (lecture C117 (3 cr) and lab (C127 (2 cr))
- Two additional courses at the 300 or 400 level intended for science majors, selected from Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics or Mathematics
Geological Sciences BA Degree - Atmospheric Science Track
A minimum of 30 hours in Geological Sciences, including:
- At least one course at the 100-level with a maximum of 3 courses (appropriate courses include; GEOL-G 122 or GEOL-G 131*)
- GEOL-G 340
- At least 9 additional credit hours in atmospheric science courses (appropriate courses include; GEOL-G339, GEOL-G347, GEOL-G 364, GEOL-G 434, GEOL-G 437, GEOL-G 438, GEOL-G 456, GEOL-G 466, GEOL-G 470, GEOL-G 474, GEOL-G 476). At least one course must be at the 400-level.
- Other courses at the 200, 300 or 400 level within the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences to fulfill the total required credit hours of 30 (appropriate courses include, but are not limited to; GEOL-G 328 or GEOL-G 448). Note: A minimum of 18 credit hours within the major (Geological Sciences) must be at the 300- or 400-level.
- At least 6 additional credit hours of N&M outside of the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
For forms and additional information about undergraduate study in the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Indiana University, please contact:
- Kaj Johnson, Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies, email@example.com, 812–855–3612
- Bruce Douglas, Senior Lecturer and Director of the IU Geologic Field Station firstname.lastname@example.org, 812–855–3848
- Kathy Davis, Undergraduate Academic Advisor email@example.com 812–855–2391.
HOURS: Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only. Make appointments at StarNet