- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Simon Brassell, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Grad Student 2015-2016 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Spring 2016 Schedule of Classes | (PDF)
- 2015-16 Department Directory | (PDF)
- Hoosier Geologic Record
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Sciences Library Resources
News and Announcements
IU Paleontology Collection seeking volunteers
Are you looking for a volunteer position?
The IU Paleontology Collection, located on the 5th floor of the Geology Building, is now open and available for research purposes. We are currently seeking volunteers from the IU and Bloomington community to help with the daily management of the collection. More information
Doug Edmonds receives Boyce Chair
Dr. Doug Edmonds, Assistant Professor of Geological Sciences, received the Malcom and Sylvia Boyce Chair. Established in February, 1997 by Advisory Board member Malcolm Boyce and his wife Sylvia for the purpose of receiving and investing contributed funds, this endowment reflects their commitment to directly support their "Excellence in Geosciences" initiative and to benefit the Department. Income from the endowed gift is allocated to strategic programs in the Department’s academic plan, consistent with the guidelines for endowed professorships and chairs. More information
Tenure-Track Position in Hydrology/Surface Processes at Indiana University
The Department of Geological Sciences at Indiana University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in hydrology or surface processes at the rank of Assistant Professor. Application information
Events and Outreach
- November 30: Andy Wickert, University of Minnesota. Title: TBA
4:00 p.m. GY143. Refreshments served at 3:30 in the Geology lobby.
Sigma Gamma Eplilon offers Tutoring In Geological Sciences
SGE tutoring sessions are held every Monday, 5-7 pm in G213. Contact Jeremiah Mickey for more information.